Top 10 peeves on moving back to India



There might be some moments when the abroad settled may think of moving closer /back to their native places. But are they really able to do so ? Lets take an insight to what stops them (in random order)–

  1. The dirty so called roads. How will I adjust to the rash and totally dynamic style of driving again? And what about left /right driving style confusions
  2. The lifestyle – Can I pick up the knicks and knacks of the Indian lifestyle again?
  3. Socializing – Oh I would have to socialize again with my relatives – old uncles, aunts, cousins. I’m so comfortable here with my privacy.
  4. Money – I m earning in dollars/pounds. Earning again in Rupees is so demotivating !
  5. The system – Indian bureaucracy is so corrupt. For a simple government job done, I would have to struggle a lot. This concept is so unheard of here.
  6. My kids would have a better education and better upbringing here. Back there in India, they might pick up some rowdy habits.
  7. Its so hot in India !!!!! The extreme weather conditions and humidity in the metro cities is unbearable.
  8. The crime rate is so high.  There are thieves and hooligans in every nook and corner.
  9. The food is so spicy there. I like the less spicy and less oily food I’ve been eating for so long now.
  10.  I’m just lazy to move back to India. There is so much inertia of rest. J
On a serious note, hope none of the reasons ever cross our talented Indians overseas and they come rushing back to their motherland. 
There are lots of people loving to have them in a India :)



Comments

Phir bi dil hi hindustani- India welcomes all.
Amrita Sharma said…
Very true Hariharan :)
Anil said…
All fair reasons.
I got two questions: Did you yourself move back? And, what do you think the answers to the questions are?(or, do you think they are valid points of concern at all or something that you get over fairly easily?)
Amrita Sharma said…
Hi Anil,

Sorry for the late reply....First of all thanks a lot for reading my blog :)
Well this post was just a humorous take on lives of people outside India. One of my family members were recently in the same dilemma which inspired me to scribble this down.
I believe once you've lived abroad, this factors however trivial they may seem, are taken into consideration...atleast for thought....what's ur take?

Popular posts from this blog

Things to do before/after swimming

Meditate your way up life!

Real Beauty (Party of IndiBlogger contest)